Thursday, October 16, 2014

Attempt to murder me (a Social /RTI Activist & Whistle Blower) by SHO Harish Chander of P.S. Farsh Bazar, East Delhi


Attempt to murder me (a Social /RTI Activist & Whistle Blower) by SHO Harish Chander of P.S. Farsh Bazar, East Delhi 



RWAs FEDERATION DELHI EAST
10/117, Patel Street, CBD Vishwas Nagar, New Delhi-110032
Registered under SR Act XXI of 1860, Member- Bhagidari Cell of Delhi Govt.

To                                                                                                              Date: 15-10-2014

The Hon’ble President
People's Union for Civil Liberties
270-A, Patparganj, Delhi-110091

Sub: Attempt to murder me (a Social /RTI Activist & Whistle Blower) by SHO Harish Chander of P.S. Farsh Bazar, East Delhi in the night of June 29-30, 2014

Ref: My earlier brief complaint dated 07-07-2014 addressed to Commissioner of Police, Delhi by e-mail (copy appended below)

Hon’ble Sir,

A1).         For the last about more than 10 (ten) years, I have been working as an RTI and Social Activist, raising problems in different forums such as DDA, MCD, PWD, DERC, BSES, DJB, DTC, Transport Dept., Police (including Traffic, PCR, Vigilance, CWC, Local & PHQ) and even approaching Chief Minister & Lt. Governor of Delhi for the general / common welfare target to be achieved.
A2).         I have been Active Member and Office Bearer of RWAs, Federation of RWAs, URD-United Residents of Delhi, URJA, RTI Groups, Rashtriya Sainik Sanstha (a Patriotic Organisation of Ex-Servicemen & Civilians) besides being Local Thana Level Committee Member & also associated with Socio-Cultural activities. Also received commendation /appreciation certificate from Organising Committee of the Common Wealth Games (CWG), Delhi 2010.
A3).         I, being an RTI Activist, have a vision to be a Whistle Blower to root out corruption.
B).              BACKGROUND leading to the Main Incident of June 29-30, 2014
B1).         On raising /reporting the theft & extortion problems, snatching, dacoity, trespassing, burglary, unlawful entry of heavy goods /transport vehicles and other law & order and crime related problems, the SHO Harish Chander started having a grudge against me & he along with his staff members criminally intimidated me at my residence on 12-3-2014 to implicate me in false cases if I did not abstain from raising the issues or reporting the matter to higher police officers /various authorities. Regarding this (criminal intimidation by SHO), I reported the matter personally as well as in writing also to Senior Police Officers.
B2).         After this incident, my reports to PCR (Police Control Room/ Phone No.100) were ignored by the local police and on asking the reason for non action, the SHO Harish Chander & his staff / I.O.’s flatly refused to take any follow up action on the PCR reports.

C).             MAIN INCIDENT of CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY & CUSTODIAL TORTURES          (with gross violation of Fundamental, Legal, Constitutional and Human Rights) :-
C1).         On the night of 29-6-2014 at about 11 pm, when I along with my parents & others was taking meals, two police van loads of police personnel arrived and knocked at my door calling me to open the door. On opening the door of my office, the policemen rushed inside the office & caught hold of me, physically lifting me to board the police van & accompany them. I & my brothers & other family members could not realise what the matter was & why the police were taking me to some unknown place without any notice or warrant. I & other family members of the household were not intimated regarding any offence or matter in which my presence was required or I was allegedly involved. Hence many PCR Calls were made by the family members regarding my abduction by the police. Later on the police reached local Hedgewar Hospital, Karkarduma and I was pressurised to undergo medical examination there. After that the police brought me to the SHO Harish Chander’s office at PS Farsh Bazar where :
C2).         The SHO himself & his staff members, numbering about 15 (fifteen) whose names are disclosed below, gave me harsh beating not only by kicks, slaps & fist blows but also by dandas after keeping me in captivity and the said thrashing was heard by my brothers and my aged father also. The SHO dashed my head several times against the wall intermittently and also caused several injuries visible /invisible on my person;
C3).         Staff assisting SHO in torturing me - SI Vijay Kumar, SI Ombir, HC Satender Singh, HC Suresh Kumar, HC Raj Kumar, Ct. Sandeep, Ct. Sonu, Ct. Sombir, Ct. Satpal Singh Khokhar, Ct. Pradeep, SHO Harish Chander and others were assisting one another in beating and torturing me.
C4).         I was given harsh beating mercilessly by applying third degree torture methods breaking all norms of human decency in SHO’s room /office till I became unconscious, treating me like a hardened criminal to satisfy his fire of anger against me and reminding me in each installments of beating that I was not treating them /him as a Police Boss but like a domestic servant (public servant);
C5).         My father & brothers were restrained from entering Thana premises to know the reality;
C6).         On my father’s pointing out to SI Ombir & SI Vijay Kumar that he recognised the cries of his son therefore he be allowed to intervene, police personnel comprising SI Ombir, SI Vijay Kumar, HC Satender Singh, HC Suresh Kumar, Ct. Sandeep, Ct. Satpal Singh Khokhar told my father that it was not his son but some other criminal who was crying & weeping;
C7).         My brothers Sh. Vivek Sharma & Sh. Jitendra Sharma and my father Sh. M. P. Sharma (a senior citizen aged about 80 years) were not only manhandled, restrained & pushed away but were also beaten by kicks, slaps, dandas, etc. to remain out of the main gate of the police station;
C8).         My brother Sh. Jitendra Sharma was later on also detained & beaten in police station by SHO Harish Chander, the master mind of malafide thrashing & assaulting and others.
C9).         None of my family members including parents were informed of my detention /arrest in a fake /false case u/s. 323, 341, 506/34 IPC framed against me and the other case a kalandara prepared against me u/s. 107/151 Cr.P.C. on the same date 29/30-6-2014;
C10).    After beating me, no medical facilities provided nor I was medically examined inspite of my several requests.
C11).    SI Vijay Kumar & Ct. Sandeep did not provide me water & medicines inspite of requesting them in police station while I was suffering from severe pain in entire body.
C12).    SI Vijay Kumar took away my mobile phone from me and after removing memory card from it, handed it over to Ct. Sandeep. It is possible that Police may misuse the pictures, data, videos of mine, my family members, relatives & friends stored in Memory Card of my mobile for implicating anyone or all in any false, fake, forged case and or may also misuse it for any Cyber Crime in future.
C13).    At around 4 am on 30-6-14, SI Vijay Kumar, HC Suresh Kumar, Ct. Sandeep & others after thrashing & torturing me by applying 3rd degree methods, took me alongwith false & fake complainant Chetan Sehgal (Police Informer) to lockup at P.S. Anand Vihar.
C14).    There I requested SI Vijay Kumar, HC Suresh Kumar & Ct. Sandeep again to allow me to talk to my father /my lawyer to inform them of my arrest. To which all of them denied me my legal rights /remedy. Also all the three again refused to provide me any Medical Aid inspite of my several requests for the same at the time of lodging me in lockup at PS Anand Vihar.
C15).    Police blatantly violated Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Arrest Guidelines as well as Fundamental, Legal, Constitutional and Human Rights, Right to Liberty & Right to Life of an arrested person by failing to provide me any information either orally or in writing about my alleged involvement in any case in which they had picked me up /lifted me forcibly from my home at midnight without providing me any notice, any warrant.  
C16).    In Lockup of P.S. Anand Vihar, I was lodged with Chetan Sehgal (Police Informer & Hafta Collecting Agent) false /fake complainant, in one and the same cell and Chetan Sehgal there beat me with slaps, kicks, fists and blows asking me why I took Panga with SHO Harish Chander. Inspite of my shouts for help, crying and weeping, nobody came for my rescue in lockup of P.S. Anand Vihar.
C17).    Next day (30-6-14) in morning also, no medical facilities were provided to me inspite of my complaint of severe pain in entire body, face, teeth and ears to HC Satender Singh & Ct. Pradeep.
C18).    After my father moved an application in the Court of Special Executive Magistrate (SEM), East Delhi, who also functions as ACP in Delhi Police, for my medical examination in afternoon of 30-6-14, SI Vijay Kumar took me to Dr. Hedgewar Hospital, Karkarduma at about 4 pm. But I was not medically or physically examined by any Doctor there and no medical facilities were provided to me inspite of my several requests to Doctor / Casualty Medical Officer (CMO) on duty there in collusion with Police (SHO Harish Chander, SI Vijay Kumar & others). I was crying in severe pain there for treatment & medicines and SI Vijay & CMO /Doctor were jeering & laughing at me, making fun of me for my helplessness. Both (Police & Doctors), despite my protests, made unsuccessful attempts to get my signatures or thumb impression on fake /false MLC (Medico Legal Case) Report, which was actually never prepared qua my injuries, pain & tortures (visible as well as invisible).
C19).    I was taken to SEM Court where ACP/SEM Sh. Rajbir Sharma is the same person who was performing his duties as Delhi Police’s Night G.O. in East Delhi on night of 28-29 June 2014 and I interacted with him on mobile no.-8750870699 at about 1 am, making complaint of SI Vijay Kumar of P.S. Farsh Bazar for his inaction on my reports to PCR (Police Control Room) on 28-6-2014. ACP /SEM instead of giving me bail, sent me to jail.

D).             The IMPACT of THIRD DEGREE METHODS of TORTURES applied on me are:-
D1).         One of my Canine Teeth was partly broken;
D2).         My left side Ear Drum was damaged /perforated;
D3).         I felt giddiness on account of thrashing and dashing my Head against the wall during the police tortures;
D4).         Severe pain, swelling /tenderness on my person all over the body specially on neck, back and hips due to visible as well as invisible injuries so caused by the police;
D5).         I became unconscious several times during the thrashing.

E).              PRAYER :-
E1).         It is therefore earnestly urged that your Honour may kindly exercise your good offices to punish /get erring police officers /officials punished by way of removal from service, coupled with other exemplary punishment so that a Social Activist /Whistle Blower should not be subjected to inhuman custodial tortures, illegal detention, unlawful arrest besides he being illegitimately implicated in false & fabricated cases like one u/s. 323/341/506/34 IPC and another a Kalandara u/s. 107/151 Cr.P.C. (relating to breach of peace in the area) that too on false & baseless grounds.
E2).         NB :-                         A perusal of the Service Book /Service Record of the erring SHO Harish Chander of Delhi Police will reveal his history of abuses of power, misdeeds, suspension, punishment of censure, etc and the erring police officer approaching CAT, High Court and other Forums to get the impugned order set aside/ quashed /modified & so on – This will provide a glimpse into his two characters, unworthy of police force.
E3).         Cost /Compensation /damages for the inconvenience /physical torture in custody, illegal detention, unlawful arrest, false implication and demoralizing & demeaning, lowering of the image in the estimation of the public in general, of the complainant at the instance & instigation of the above police personnel.
E4).         Since the apprehension still persists, from the opposite party, ample protection of me and my family members for the safety & security of our person and property is most desirable.

Thanking You
Yours Faithfully

(Lalit Mohan Sharma)General Secretary
Mobile-9868543317

No comments:

Post a Comment